Fairhaven Baptist Church is located in rural Demopolis, Alabama, the largest city in Marengo County, with a population of approximately 7,500. Fairhaven is a 65 - year-old Baptist Church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. It is also a member of the Bethel Baptist Association of churches in West Central Alabama. It began as a missionary church that met for 2 years before becoming what is now known as Fairhaven Baptist Church.
Through the years, we have grown into a missions-oriented church reaching our community, country, and the world. We accomplish this through church missions and through the Alabama State Board of Missions. We currently have many rotating mission locations including Brazil, Colorado, New York City, Israel, Romania, Peru and Africa. We offer the following ministries: Weekly Bible Study, Worship Services, Discipleship Training, Fairhaven Students, and Fairhaven Kids. We also offer opportunities to minister through WMU, Brotherhood, Women’s Ministry, Adult Choir, Children’s Choirs, VBS, Children’s Ministries and Church Media. Our Sunday morning worship service is broadcast live via the Internet.
The campus is located on approximately 20 acres with 4 buildings: Church Office building, Sanctuary, Children’s building and Christian Life Center with attached kitchen, Sunday school rooms, and library. Our average attendance for Sunday school is around 150 and average attendance for Sunday morning worship service is approximately 240.
Church Statement of Faith
The body shall be known as the Fairhaven Baptist Church of Demopolis, Alabama, Inc.
Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into this covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
Our doctrinal statement summarizes Biblical truth that historically and doctrinally has been regarded as essential to the Christian faith.
1. The Scriptures
We believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men of God were “moved by the Holy Spirit” to write the very words of Scripture. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
2. The Godhead (Trinity)
We believe that God the Father exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deut 6:4)
3. Jesus Christ
We believe in the absolute deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, God the Son, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His substitutionary and atoning death for all through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead; (John 1:1, 14)
We believe that man was created in the image of God by a direct act of God and did not come into being as the result of evolution. Man was created to glorify God, worship and serve Him, and have fellowship with Him. (Gen.1:26)
We believe that salvation is by grace, a free gift of God apart from works, salvation involves repentance, a change of mind in respect to God and thus turning from one’s own way to God’s way, salvation is through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, (Eph. 2:8-10)
We believe that marriage is a union between one man and one woman, following biblical principles. We believe in purity before marriage. (Gen. 2:19-24.Hebrews 13:4)
7. Sanctity of Life
Since all life exists for God’s purposes and all human lives are equally sacred, it is our belief that human life is blessed by God and must be preserved and nurtured. (Psalm 139:13-16)
8. The Church
We believe the church is the body of Christ and that Jesus Christ is the head and her members are those who have truly received Christ by faith. The purpose of the church is to make Christ known to lost people and to make disciples, and glorify God on earth. (Eph. 4:1-6)
Fairhaven Baptist Church seeks a full time or bi-vocational faithful, spirit led worship leader gifted in leading and engaging believers in the praise and exaltation of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ through thoroughly blended worship services.
Interested candidates may forward resumes to:
Fairhaven Baptist Church, 1504 Cardinal Ave. Demopolis, AL 36732 (Attn: Search Committee)
Or email to email@example.com (334)341-7392
1. Committed disciple of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God and committed to continual spiritual growth.
2. Must be in full agreement with the Fairhaven Baptist Church Statement of Faith, Doctrine and Constitution.
3. Must have the call of God to the Worship Leader position.
4. Must be committed to Christ and His church, the Holy Scriptures (Old and New Testaments), family, and the music ministry.
5. Familiarity and experience with modern Christian music, as well as, more traditional styles of sacred music, and have the ability to engage the congregation in both a traditional and contemporary worship style setting.
6. Ability and experience to lead, inspire and engage the congregation during the worship experience.
7. Music background by education and experience, and possesses teaching ability sufficient to coach and guide all the members of the music ministry to continually enhance their musical skills.
8. Experience directing choirs, praise band, youth and children.
9. Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills required to effectively collaborate with the church staff and administrators as well as the other members of the music ministry.
10. Should have the personality and ability to lead, organize, plan and work well with others.
11. Shall be supportive of the Senior Pastor and his philosophy of ministry for sound Bible teaching.
12. Knowledge of audio and visual needs of the music ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities of Worship Leader
• Provide and direct inspiring and motivational music ministry during worship services and at Fairhaven Baptist Church programs/events as needed.
• Lead the congregation, utilizing a variety of styles of music, including coaching for new songs unfamiliar to the congregation.
• Help bridge generational/cultural differences by selecting a balance of musical styles for every service which will, as a whole, have a multi-generational appeal and encourage effective engagement in worship.
• Develop opportunities for children and youth involvement in worship.
• Worship should support the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church.
• Assist, advise, and counsel individuals and groups for weddings, funerals and other ministries.
Leading Music Ministry:
• Plan, organize and lead the music ministry, which includes audio and visual operation teams.
• Lead, Direct, and Rehearse Music Ministry Teams (Choir, Ensemble, Children, Pianist and Worship Band) as assigned for worship services, including practice just prior to Sunday morning service.
• Teach, coach and mentor all music ministry team members to become lifelong learners with respect to their musical talents as well as their spiritual development.
• Discern the musically gifted and interested and be able to recruit and equip those persons for the ministry of music.
• Practice discipleship through inspiring and engaging music ministry and involvement in the ministries of Fairhaven Baptist Church.
• Provide visionary leadership for the overall music ministry at Fairhaven Baptist Church.
Leading in Planning:
• Collaborate with Senior Pastor on service themes and music.
• Coordinate with Worship Ministry Members for planning and implementation.
• Utilize technology in planning and presenting music to enhance the worship message.
• Develop schedules for worship teams, musicians/accompanist, and tech teams.
• Arrange for, and prepare music components for special events and worship programs. These may include, but are not limited to, Revivals, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, Fourth of July, and Vacation Bible School.
Leading in Administrating:
• Attend and participate in staff meetings with pastor.
• Meet deadlines for publication or other logistical considerations.
• Maintain effective communications with Pastoral Staff, Church Staff, and Music Ministry Members.
• Oversee the orderly maintenance of the music library and a database of hymns, praise music, and anthems used in worship.
• Acquire the music, equipment and supplies required to perform designated duties in accordance with Fairhaven Baptist Church financial policies.
• Supervise maintenance of instruments and music equipment.
• Create and manage the Music Ministry Budget and submit required reports, estimates and requests by specified deadlines.
• Submit a monthly Music Ministry Report.
• Participates as a member of the Church Council.
• The Worship Leader is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
• Seeks spiritual and professional growth through workshops, and conferences for self and Worship Team Leaders.